Indie-Bound | Powell’s | UW Bookstore | Barnes & Noble | Amazon US UK | Kobo | Rebellion | Google Play | iBooks | Goodreads | Books-a-Million
Audio: Scribd | Audiobooks | Audible
EMPIRE. REVOLUTION. MAGIC.
Gerrit is the son of Bourshkanya’s Supreme-General. Despite his powerful storm-affinity and the State’s best training, he can’t control his magic. To escape the brutal consequences, he flees.
Celka is a travelling circus performer, hiding both her link to the underground and her storm-affinity from the prying eyes of the secret police. But Gerrit’s arrival threatens to expose everything: her magic, her family, and the people they protect.
The storms have returned, and everything will change.
For fans of Brent Weeks’ Lightbringer series and Rachel Caine’s Great Library of Alexandria series, this stunning fantasy debut combines rich, Russian-inspired worldbuilding, a complex magic system, and passionate characters in a multilayered tale of personal discovery and political awakening.
“Shutdown,” Writers of the Future, Vol. 28, Galaxy Press (2012).
A former ballet dancer turned military commando plunges into a deadly alien forest to discover its hidden military secrets.
“‘Shutdown’ is a beautifully vivid and imaginative story — this is what science fiction is supposed to do.”
— Tim Powers, World Fantasy Award-winning author
Podcast & free e-version of “Shutdown” available from Escape Pod (episode 376).
Shutdown is included in Writers of the Future, vol. 28
“The offerings [in Vol. 28 of the Writers of the Future anthology] are thought provoking and varied, with a general trend toward excellence.”
— Publishers Weekly
Selected Physics / Math Articles
* Authors are listed alphabetically by institution in publications by the BaBar Collaboration.
- P. del Amo Sanchez et al. [BABAR Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D,85, 072005 (2012). [arXiv:1112.3896[hep-ex]] “B0 meson decays to rho0 K*0, f0 K*0, and rho- K*+, including higher K* resonances.”
- P. del Amo Sanchez et al. [BABAR Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D 83, 051101 (2011). [arXiv:1012.4044 [hep-ex]]. “Measurements of branching fractions, polarizations, and direct CP-violation asymmetries in B+ -> rho0 K*+ and B+ -> f0(980)K*+ decays.”
- C.L. Lee [for the BaBar Collaboration], “Experimental Results in Charmless Hadronic B Decays from the B Factories,” Presented at the 6th International Workshop on the CKM Unitarity Triangle, University of Warwick, UK (Sept. 2010).
- P. del Amo Sanchez et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D 82, 011502 (2010). [arXiv:1004.0240 [hep-ex]]. “B-meson decays to eta’rho, eta’f0, and eta’ K*.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 051801 (2007). “Vector-tensor and vector-vector decay amplitude analysis of B0 –> phi K0.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 031801 (2007). “Observation of CP violation in B0 –> eta’ K0 decays.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D 70, 111102 (2004). “Search for B-meson decays to two-body final states with a0(980) mesons.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D 70, 032006 (2004). “B meson decays to eta(‘)K*, eta(‘)rho, eta(‘)pi0, omega pi0, and phi pi0.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 061801 (2004). “Observation of B0 –> omega K0, B+ –> eta pi+, and B+ –> eta K+ and study of related decays.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration] (2003). “Measurement of Branching Fractions and Charge Asymmetries in B Meson Decays to eta(‘)K*, eta(‘)rho, and B+ –> eta’ pi+.” Contributed to the XXI International Symposium on Lepton and Photon Interactions at High Energies, 8/11 -8/16/2003, Fermilab, Illinois, USA.
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration] (2003). “Observation of B Meson Decays to eta pi and eta K.” Contributed to the XXXVIII Rencontres de Moriond on QCD and High Energy Hadronic Interactions, 3/22-3/29/2003, Les Arcs, Savoie, France.