EMPIRE. REVOLUTION. MAGIC.
In a Russian-inspired fascist state, a young female resistance fighter and a young man trained as a mage by the State learn to control their magic and untangle truth from propaganda to save Bourshkanya from its brutal regime….
Amazon | Indie-Bound | Barnes & Noble
Available in e-book and UK on April 2.
Available worldwide on April 7.
“Shutdown,” Writers of the Future, Vol. 28, Galaxy Press (2012).
A former ballet dancer turned military commando plunges into a deadly alien forest to discover its hidden military secrets.
“‘Shutdown’ is a beautifully vivid and imaginative story — this is what science fiction is supposed to do.”
— Tim Powers, World Fantasy Award-winning author
Podcast & free e-version of “Shutdown” available from Escape Pod (episode 376).
Shutdown is included in Writers of the Future, vol. 28
“The offerings [in Vol. 28 of the Writers of the Future anthology] are thought provoking and varied, with a general trend toward excellence.”
— Publishers Weekly
Selected Physics / Math Articles
* Authors are listed alphabetically by institution in publications by the BaBar Collaboration.
- P. del Amo Sanchez et al. [BABAR Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D,85, 072005 (2012). [arXiv:1112.3896[hep-ex]] “B0 meson decays to rho0 K*0, f0 K*0, and rho- K*+, including higher K* resonances.”
- P. del Amo Sanchez et al. [BABAR Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D 83, 051101 (2011). [arXiv:1012.4044 [hep-ex]]. “Measurements of branching fractions, polarizations, and direct CP-violation asymmetries in B+ -> rho0 K*+ and B+ -> f0(980)K*+ decays.”
- C.L. Lee [for the BaBar Collaboration], “Experimental Results in Charmless Hadronic B Decays from the B Factories,” Presented at the 6th International Workshop on the CKM Unitarity Triangle, University of Warwick, UK (Sept. 2010).
- P. del Amo Sanchez et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D 82, 011502 (2010). [arXiv:1004.0240 [hep-ex]]. “B-meson decays to eta’rho, eta’f0, and eta’ K*.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 051801 (2007). “Vector-tensor and vector-vector decay amplitude analysis of B0 –> phi K0.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 031801 (2007). “Observation of CP violation in B0 –> eta’ K0 decays.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D 70, 111102 (2004). “Search for B-meson decays to two-body final states with a0(980) mesons.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. D 70, 032006 (2004). “B meson decays to eta(‘)K*, eta(‘)rho, eta(‘)pi0, omega pi0, and phi pi0.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration], Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 061801 (2004). “Observation of B0 –> omega K0, B+ –> eta pi+, and B+ –> eta K+ and study of related decays.”
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration] (2003). “Measurement of Branching Fractions and Charge Asymmetries in B Meson Decays to eta(‘)K*, eta(‘)rho, and B+ –> eta’ pi+.” Contributed to the XXI International Symposium on Lepton and Photon Interactions at High Energies, 8/11 -8/16/2003, Fermilab, Illinois, USA.
- B. Aubert et al. [BaBar Collaboration] (2003). “Observation of B Meson Decays to eta pi and eta K.” Contributed to the XXXVIII Rencontres de Moriond on QCD and High Energy Hadronic Interactions, 3/22-3/29/2003, Les Arcs, Savoie, France.